At River Downs Golf Club, we value the health and safety of our guest and staff. With the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic in mind, we have put multiple new restrictions and polices to help keep everyone safe. Below are the new restrictions and polices broken down by sections that include: Clubhouse, Tee Times, Practice Facilities, Golf Carts, and The Dining Room.
- Mask are REQUIRED at all times in the clubhouse.
- Mask are not required outside of the clubhouse as long as the guest is maintaining 6 feet from others.
- Guest must be socially distant (6 feet) from any other person in the Clubhouse.
- The restrooms will remain open and will be cleaned and sanitized frequently.
- Tee Times are REQUIRED on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday so that we can best accommodate our golfers and to have as few people in the Clubhouse at one time. Walk-on golfers (i.e., golfers that do not have a Tee Time or do not call ahead) will not be able golf.
- Tee Times may be booked via our website by clicking here, booking on GolfNow, or by calling the clubhouse at (410) 526-2000.
- We will be waving all cancelation fees for guest that call 24 hours before their tee times and are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- The driving range and putting/chipping green will remain open from 8AM- 7PM (Tuesday 12PM-7PM) so long as the weather permits (not raining and above 40° F).
- Guest on the practice facilities must remain socially distant (6 feet). Failure to do so will result in the golfer being asked to leave and he/she will not receive a refund.
- After much consideration we decided to remove all non-disposable amenities from the golf carts. The scorecard and pencil will remain on the cart.
- Commonly touched areas on the golf carts (Steering Wheel, Gear Shift, Cup Holders, and Ball Washers) will be sanitized between every round to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Golf Carts will remain 2 players to cart. Golfers who prefer their own cart will pay an addition $20 on top of their greens and cart fee. Though the guest is not guaranteed an individual cart if we have a Tee Time scheduled directly after them.
- The usage of mask on the golf course is highly recommended but up to the discretion of the golfer as they will not be required by River Downs Golf Club.
The Bar & Grill
- Mask are REQUIRED to enter the bar and grill and our restrooms.
- Indoor tables are no longer available. Outdoor tables have been limited and are first-come, first-serve.
- Our largest outdoor table seats 6 guest and furniture may only be re-arranged by River Downs Golf Club staff.
- At the time this was written (11/24/2020) River Downs Bar and Grill will no longer be holding Happy Hours and Friday night dinners are carry-out only.
- For more information, please check the River Downs Golf Club Facebook page by clicking here.
In summary, the COVID-19 pandemic has changed the day-to-day operations of River Downs Golf Club. For the safety of yourself, our guests and our employees, if you are feeling unsafe or unwell please do not come in.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to fill out the form below and I will be in contact with you shortly.
Trish Raver- Owner and President
This article was last updated on December 7th, 2020